Saturday, April 7, 2012

What Do Your Eggs Look Like?!


Happy Easter, peeps!!! Get it? peeps? OK

I find myself with normal "mom/parent" problems.... To cook or not to cook. Prepare Easter baskets... or not..... buy candy or buy toothbrushes or both?? Easter bunny? or dash the spirit of the Easter bunny be explaining that he may or may not exist..... And who exactly is responsible for decorating eggs?  I think one year, I contracted a babysitter to do it.... another year, the Dad was in charge. For the record, for the first couple of years, I distinctly remember toiling with my kid(s) as toddlers in attempting to create the perfect, Martha Stewart'esqe, Easter eggs.... you know the ones... perfect in color and contrast, unique in their richness and design...  no matter what the attempt.... no matter what the tools and implements..... no matter in the financial and time investments..... regardless of the product promise, "Even your youngster can create masterpieces," - My eggs don't look like that!  I NEVER take pictures my finished products.... there may be a pic or two of the little ones smiling as they create.... but the end result always tends to be the same.....  drip marks, streaks, dingy and broken eggs....the ones that LOOK like they should smell - the ones that we don't mind hiding in the yard.  I'm going to start a movement!  drippy, dye-stained fingers, frazzled, egg decorating, parents UNITE!!  Whether your eggs look like those in the pic above or they look like they are spoiled and scrambled on the outside, like mine, remember what Easter REALLY celebrates.... the persecution, death and resurrection of the only TRUE perfect "DIY project" - our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Enjoy the reason for the celebration this weekend, peeps! Have a truly BLESSED Easter! Peace! Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment